Professor William O'Connell Memorial Scholarship
• You are either a full-time or part-time student
• You are in good academic standing
• You have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 for all courses taken at NCC
• You have completed at least 15 GPA credits at NCC
• You have taken at least one history course with a grade of B+ or higher and one additional course in History, Political Science, or
Geography with a grade of B+ or higher
• You must submit an essay that explores your interest in history and/or the importance of history
• The application requires one written recommendation from a NCC faculty member whom you have had as a teacher
- Professor William O’Connell Memorial Scholarship
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you taken at least one history course with a grade of B+ or higher and one additional course in History, Political Science, or Geography with a grade of B+ or higher?
- Please list the courses you have taken at NCC that satisfy the requirement of courses completed in History, Political Science, or Geography with a grade of B+ or
- Upload an essay that explores your interest in history and/or the importance of history Your essay should 500-800 words with the following settings: double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins. A substantially longer or shorter essay may adversely affect your rating.This is a scholarship application; spelling and grammar are important. Be sure that the essay is clear and concise. Your essay must address the given topic above. The file uploaded must be a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file. Evaluators are only able to open and read files of this type so any other file type submitted will result in a low rating of the overall application.
- Please request one letter of recommendation from an NCC faculty member who has taught you. Be VERY careful that you are typing the email address correctly.The letter must be uploaded by the faculty member before the application deadline.
Before entering an email here, ask this person if he/she will write a recommendation for you.If the faculty member agrees, let him/her know that they will receive an email requesting his/her recommendation.
It is your responsibility to stay in contact with the professor to ensure the recommendation is submitted on time. Make sure the person writing the recommendation is aware of the deadline date. Your application will be incomplete and you will not qualify for this scholarship if the letter is not submitted before the application deadline. You can monitor the status of the letter by coming back to this page.If the faculty member needs assistance uploading the letter they can contact the NCC Foundation at 572-0670.